Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Year, and New Projects

Well, it's been quite a while since I've contributed anything new around here. I have been busy knitting...just not documenting what I've been up to. One of the things I hope to do is to keep a notebook of all the things I've knitted along with notes, photos, yarn samples and comments about each project. Over the holidays I let several slip by me in the rush of getting them completed and gifted. In the future I hope to let no project big or small be left behind. Wish me luck. ;)

While I'm anixously awaiting the birth of my new baby grandson, Brody, I have been creating a couple of knitted items to welcome him to our family.

The first is a quick little hat, The Faux Fair Isle Hat, that has become one of my favorite hats for littles. I used a bamboo, and cotton yarn that is soft and stretchy.


The second item is still a work in progress, the Basketweave Blanket. I'm currently about half way finished. I try to work a little on it every day to insure it will be completed in plenty of time before his arrival.


I have other projects in the works and I will make every effort to update this blog more frequently. :)


1 comment:

Paige Hinrichs said...

Oh I wish I could knit something like that! By the way, I found your blog through CFHUsband. : )