Wednesday, February 25, 2009

UGH!!

I haven't been around lately because I've been mostly beein sticking to my-self imposed rules and only working on the projects I've already started. Brody's blanket is coming along, the cable scarf is almost finished, one stripey sock is finished and the other is on my needles.

Then my yarn and needles I ordered from Knitpicks came and I had all I needed to begin my 2 at a Time Socks. Eagerly, I cast on and from there on out things have not gone well. Call me a Magic Loop dummy, but I can't get this right to save my soul. :(

I've cried for help on Raverly and the wonderful ladies there have give me a few suggestions. I'm going to rip this apart ONE more time and try again. I've gotten a lot of practice casting on and counting to 64. I must remember that DPNs weren't all that comfortable in the beginning either.

On Friday, I'm off to Stitches West. This is my first time going, so I have no idea what to expect. I'm sure of one thing, it will cost me money and increase my stash. I'm going to try and show some restraint, we'll see how that works out. I'll show off all of my scores when I get back.

No comments: